Friday, December 30, 2011

63. Butterfly Scarification

Here is an update of my butterfly scarification. It's about 3 1/2 weeks old now, done by Brian Decker in Brooklyn. It has been very itchy off and on these last couple of weeks, and there is only one small area where any type of scabbing occurred...it's in the branded area of the body and I don't think it will be there much longer. I've been using peroxide once to twice a day at this point, and will continue so for another week or two (if you didn't know, peroxide damages healthy healing cells, which is why it's never suggested for body piercings!), and after that I will use almond seed oil for a short time. I'm not sure there is much I can do after the main healing has happened, as I do not keloid well. It will likely end up resembling a white tattoo, but I'm going to do what I can to make it raise. It's still new so there is still time!

My skin was a little dry in the picture, but here's what it looks like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment