Wednesday, April 7, 2010

14. Skin Diver Experiment

Skin divers are a little different than your standard dermal anchor. They look more like a tiny lip stud and the foot has no holes to for the skin to anchor to. Because of this, many people cannot keep a skin diver in the skin for longer than a few days to a few weeks (in most cases). I wanted to experiment with one on my willing fiance, so I installed it in a tattoo on his chest. I made him wear a band aid every day for the first week to ensure a proper setting, but I was not convinced that this would keep the diver in. I assumed that it would fall out after awhile.

To my surprise, here it is after 4 1/2 months. It's very happy and healthy. There has been no flaring up or migration, even after a a few good snags. I can't believe it's lasted this long!

No comments:

Post a Comment